Monday, May 31, 2010

Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burgers (Or Hold the Burger!)

My family likes to have hamburgers. I love a medium rare piece of meat. I would love to devour a great hamburger. I make great hamburger but I have not been able to eat one since I was 5 years old. I have tried. (Hot dogs, sausages and any ground meat). So I generally make either salmon burgers or tuna burgers when they are going to have their burgers. It has been really cold and even snowy this May and they wanted burgers . So I made them on my Food Network Grill in the house. I wanted something a little different and so I made a stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burger.



Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burger 
or 
Hold the Burger

Equipment - knife, cutting board, cookie sheet or oven proof baking pan.

2 Portobello Mushroom Caps (wiped clean with wet paper towel. Don't emerse in water)
4-6 Tbsp Pico De Gallo (store bought or Homemade )
2-4 Tbsp Feta Cheese
2-4 Tbsp Goat Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Your favorite Toppings. These are mine.
2 pieces of Swiss Cheese (Burger- a cheese you love)
2 slices of Tomato (Burger)
Alfa Sprouts (Burger)
2 of your favorite buns (Burger)

Preheat Oven to 450*

Place mushroom caps face up in baking pan. Place half the pico in each cap. Half of the cheese in each cap. (Depending on the size. You do not want the caps over flowing. Season with Salt and Pepper. Add your slice of cheese on top (optional) Throw it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Until Caps are cooked and tender and cheese is nice and melty.

Build your burger if that is what you want. Or Hold the Burger and eat the cap! To make it low fat.. Double the pico and hold the cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment