Saturday, May 22, 2010

Royal Heart Shaped Pancakes with Chocolate Chips, Strawberry Purée and Cocacchino Whip Cream for the Princesses.




Isabelle's best friend Kelly slept over last night and I promised them I would wake up early and make them breakfast. I wanted to make it fun because this was my daughters first sleep over.  
So I made them heart shaped chocolate chip pancakes with a strawberry purée. To add a little fun I topped it with a homemade whipped cream flavored with Cocachino powder.  Now before I give you the recipe. You need to know that this breakfast takes organization and good multi tasking skills.  

You should make the whip cream first. Which you can always do the night before. 
Make the Purée so it can simmer for a bit
Then make the pancakes.

Homemade Whip Cream (make your own flavor)
Equipment- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer or a Whisk and Metal Bowl.

Regular Whipped Cream so the Base:
1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
(add your ingredient for your flavor here)
mine- 2 tbsp Cocachino powder

Put the ingredients in to the mixer. Turn the mixer on medium to medium high. Watch it as it whips. It will start to turn the consistency of whipped cream. You want to whip it until it has medium peaks (hold the beater up and the whip cream will hold a peak). As long as you watch it the whole time you will do fine . Just stop the mixer when you see that it has the consistency of whipped cream. (If you over mix it, it will turn into butter. Under mix it and it will be watery and fall apart.) Keep it chilled to you need it.


Customizing your flavor.     
(Cocachino is a specialty Cocoa powder I bought at Market Spice at Pike Place in Seattle it is a cinnamony light chocolaty Cocoa powder. It is different and good. If you want to borrow it let me know.


Put the ingredient or ingredients needed for your flavor in before you mix and VWALA! Your own fancy gourmet whipped cream!


Cinnamon - 1 tsp of cinnamon
Vanilla - 1 tsp pure vanilla extract.
Rum- 1 tbsp Dark Rum
Coconut- 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp Coconut Rum, Lightly Toasted Sweetened coconut flakes to garnish.
Cocoa - 1 tbsp of Cocoa powder


If you think of any other flavors let me know and I can test it and figure out what you need to make it.

Strawberry Purée
Equipment- Utility Knife and cutting board, food processor or blender, small sauce pan

1 pint of Strawberries (stems removed and quartered)
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice

Place quartered strawberries in food processor. Purée. Place strawberry purée in the sauce pan mix in sugar and lemon juice simmer for 10 minutes.

Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Equipment- measuring spoons, measuring cups,  whisk, two small bowls, 1 large bowl, 1 rubber spatula, large flat spatula, a flat top griddle or a large pan, a ladle, and a heart shaped cookie cutter.




2 cups flour





5 tbsp sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs separated (yokes/ whites)
4 tbsp of melted butter
Cooking spray
3/4 cup of chocolate chips


Heat up griddle if you're using one.


Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl mix milk egg yokes and melted butter together. Add flour mixture and whisk until smooth (no lumps)
Beat egg whites until they are stiff. Gently fold into batter. 
Mix in chocolate chips


Ladle 1/4 cup batter circles on to sprayed griddle or pan. 2-3 minutes on each side. Until golden brown.
Use cookie cutter to make heart shape. Put left overs in a bowl to eat.


For regular pancakes just ditch the chocolate chips.

1 comment:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world had crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could live a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from church to church but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could sever, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure for Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua herbal treatment (A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com WhatsApp: +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.

    ReplyDelete