Monday, May 17, 2010

Ready Set CooK!

I am Megan! Welcome to my blog. I have started this blog because I love to cook and I am a huge foodie. I aspire to write my cook book and to one day be a chef. For now though I am a self taught cook. I am not classically trained. Up until 6 years ago I hated to cook and then I was stay at home mom and I started watching Top Chef and the Food Network and realized not only do I love to cook but that I am damn good at it.

Anyone can be a good cook. You just have to know how to read and follow a recipe (at first) and you can make great things too. As you learn and progress you will see you don't need a recipe to cook and you do not need to measure. Things come more naturally to you. If you have a good palate, you will come to just know what pairs well together and you can start to come up with your own recipes. Cooking is so much fun and it is something you can do alone or with loved ones. 

A "Foodie" is someone who has a passion for food. Not all foodies cook but all foodies love to eat! I learned everything I know from TV shows, books and of course the Internet.  <---------Me!

I will post recipes, tips, rants about food shows, tips on restaurants, cookbooks, websites. Lots of stuff. Any recipes you want me to try or anything you have questions about feel free to ask and post! I hope you will try my recipes as well and tell me how you like them! 

On the side I have posted Kitchen Staples. You know all the must haves for convenient cooking. As well as everything I have that helps me cook. It is a huge collection. I love it because I can just make something "on the fly" when ever I feel like. I do not have to run to the store to make something delicious. I will also be adding other pages like:
A Glossary of terms and ingredients.
Foodie reference guides and websites.
Charts to help you  with Substitution of ingredients, measuring, temperatures, and so much more!

So Stay tuned and bare with me I am a newbie to blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment